This month in my newsletter, I will be talking about problems and solutions. I often see patients who are bothered by a certain aspect of their body and either do not know what to resort to or choose the wrong procedure. I am here to help you decide on the best option and make the best out of your surgery.
If there is anything else you would like to know or something in particular that you would like me to explain, phone my rooms on 011 875 1630 or simply leave a comment on my Facebook page and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Lastly, make sure to visit my website for more info on all the procedures I offer at my Fourways practice!
- You have saggy breasts
- You desire more cleavage
- There is a significant difference between one breast and the other
- You are self-conscious about breasts
- You feel that larger more perky breasts would make you feel more attractive and improve your self-confidence
- You have a hard time finding clothes that fit because of discrepancy between your breasts and your buttocks
Solution: Breast Lift!
Based on your answers to the last post, you may or may not also require a breast augmentation at the same time.
After breast lift surgery, you will notice that your breasts are firmer and higher. This will help to improve your confidence and self-esteem. Many patients are happy with the results and report that they feel younger looking and more ‘feminine’.
My Breast Lift page is full of informative resources
Why would I need to combine Breast Lift surgery with Breast augmentation?
Breast lift does not increase the size of your breasts although they may appear larger due to the fact that they are higher and firmer looking. The exception to this is if you have combined this procedure with breast augmentation surgery to enhance volume.
- Your breasts are causing you severe psychological distress, are affecting your physical health or your ability to do exercise.
- You are experiencing backache, neck and shoulder ache.
- Your clothes don’t fit properly
- You do not like the way your breasts affect your overall appearance: large breasts can make you look unbalanced and have a big impact upon your appearance in general. Your breasts are out of proportion with the rest of your body. You feel that you are ‘top heavy’ and this can affect your self-confidence.
- You do not like being subject to inappropriate comments or attentions from the opposite sex.
Solution: Breast Reduction!
The main benefits are smaller, lighter and firmer breasts. They will be in proportion to the rest of your body. This also means no more physical discomfort such as backache or neck ache. The areola (the brown circular area round the nipple) can also be made smaller and better proportioned as well.
Breast reduction results in one of the most dramatic changes to physical appearance.
- Your clothes will fit better;
- You will no longer have physical discomfort
- Or have to endure unwanted comments about the size of your breasts. This is usually a particular issue for teenage girls.
- You consider your breasts to be too small and would like to increase their size.
- You feel less than feminine as a result of having small breasts.
- Your breasts lost firmness, shape and volume after pregnancy
- Your one breast is smaller/bigger than the other
- You feel bigger, firmer breasts will give you a more youthful appearance
Solution: Breast Augmentation!
This highly requested surgery will have you feeling happier with your appearance, and will improve self-confidence and well-being. Breast Augmentation is the most requested surgery in my practice and in most cases women are looking for increased size with upper pole fullness.
The decision to undergo breast augmentation is a highly personal one and all that matters are how you feel about the results. If the results match your expectations then it has been a success.
It can give you a younger looking appearance but it is not a ‘fountain of youth’! As with any form of cosmetic surgery you need to have realistic expectations about what it can do.
STUBBORN FAT PROBLEMS
- You are bothered by excess fat deposits – located anywhere on your body – that don’t respond to diet or exercise.
- You feel your body is disproportionate (but not necessarily overweight)
Solution: Liposuction and Liposculpture!
The results after liposuction surgery are instantly noticeable. You will have a firmer and more contoured appearance, which will improve your sense of well-being. The effects of liposuction are permanent, which means if you do increase your body fat, then it will NOT return to those areas you had treated.
Liposuction is especially beneficial to those patients who have undergone weight loss surgery. It can remove those last remaining pockets of fat. This will dramatically improve your appearance.
Liposuction can also be combined with other procedures such as abdominoplasty.
However I need to insist on the fact that Liposuction is not a solution to the problem of obesity or weight loss in general. Also, it is not an effective treatment for cellulite.
- You have recently had a baby and wish to tighten loose skin that has stretched as a result of your pregnancy.
- You have increased amounts of skin laxity or looseness from the belly button down to the pubic region
- You have excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen and are looking to tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall to flatten your abdomen
Solution: Tummy Tuck!
During this surgery, I remove excess skin and fat from the waist, which cannot be shifted by diet and exercise alone.
There are three types of abdominoplasty:
- Complete abdominoplasty
- Partial or ‘mini’ abdominoplasty
- Extended abdominoplasty
But don’t worry; together we will discuss which one is best for your needs and characteristics.
Tummy tuck results are impressive: You will have a firmer, toned and flatter abdomen. If you had some lower abdominal bulge as a result of pregnancy then this will also be corrected. This also includes stretch marks! Your waist will appear slimmer and this tighter, youthful abdomen will boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- You do not like the way their nose looks and have been troubled by one or more of its features?
- You are concerned about the following?
- Damage to your nose caused by an accident or injury
- Congenital defect
- A nose that is too small or too large
- Excessively flared nostrils
- An enlarged, drooping or thickened nasal tip
- Crooked or off-centre nose
Rhinoplasty is performed for a variety of reasons which can include increasing or reducing the size of the nose; changing the nasal tip or the bridge, removing any unsightly humps or bumps and making the nose straighter or narrower.
The nasal tip itself can be rotated upwards or downwards, projected forwards or backwards or enlarged or decreased in size. The cartilage, bones and sometimes the soft tissues of the nose are reshaped.
After your rhinoplasty, your nose will be more natural looking and will complement your appearance. Whether larger, smaller or reshaped, you will look and feel better.
The vast majority of my patients are happy with the results of rhinoplasty.
If you would like to read more about this procedure, make sure to visit my website.
I hope you enjoyed this newsletter about various problems some of my patients encounter and the solutions I offer at my Fourways practice. Of course, I spoke about a few surgeries only so make sure to phone my rooms on 011 875 1630 if you would like to book an appointment or simply make an inquiry, we are here to help you!